Graduate Marine Engineering (GME)
The one year Presea Training course for Graduates (GME) is a course leading to Class IV Marine Engineer Officer Certificate of competency, awarded by the ministry of shipping Government of India, after six months of sea service, enabling the cadets to become Marine Engineers on board Merchant Naval ships anywhere in the world. This course is strictly residential.
- Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech., in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture with minimum 50% marks in final year. The candidate should have obtained at least 50 % in English at 10th or 12th std, or degree course.
- Age Limit - Maximum 28 years of age as on commencement date of the course.
- Physical Standards - Medically fit as per the standards set by M. S. Medical Examination Rules, 2000.
- Eyesight - Candidates have to qualify a full eyesight test conducted by the DG Shipping approved medical doctor before being finally selected for the course. Maximum permissible tolerance is + 2.5 on each eye. Colour blind candidate is not eligible.
- Duration 12 Months (2 Semesters)
- Fees Rs 3,00,000/- Per Year
- Batch Commencing February and September each year.
1 YEAR TRAINING
EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING IN MEO CLASS IV PART A EXAMINATION
SIX MONTHS DULY DOCUMENTED SEA SERVICE AS ASSISTANT MARINE ENGINEER OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
COMPLETION OF ADVANCED SAFETY TRAINING COURSES AFF, PSCRB, MFA AND THREE MONTHS PREPARATORY COURSE (optional) TO OBTAIN MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CLASS IV CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY – APPEAR FOR MEO CL-IV PART’ B’ MMD EXAMINATION – OBTAIN MEO CL-IV CERTIFCATE OF COMPETENCY
12 MONTHS APPROVED SEA SERVICE AS MEO CL-IV ENGINEERING OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
4 MONTHS TRAINING COURSE – APPEAR MMD EXAMINATION MEO CL-II PART B - OBTAIN CLASS II MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY ( DME TO APPEAR FOR PART A)
18 MONTHS APPROVED SEA SERVICE AS MEO CL –II OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
2 MONTHS ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE – OBTAIN CLASS I MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
PROMOTED TO CHIEF ENGINEERING OFFICER